Starting Games via batch script?

Kick back and talk crap.

Moderator: Mantinis12

PittStone
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Starting Games via batch script?

Postby PittStone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi, how i can start a game from a batch script with newest Teknoparrot?
watsonsmith
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Re: Starting Games via batch script?

Postby watsonsmith » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Launch arguments aren't related to batch files. You can use a batch file to launch something with launch arguments but not the other way around. However, if you want to launch the game through Steam and make the batch file run before the game, you can use the steps below to achieve that.

Go to the game's installation folder and find the .exe file for the game. Rename it from something like game.exe to game_real.exe, for example.
At the end of your batch file, add a command that runs your executable, obviously replacing game_real.exe with your renamed game's executable:

start "" game_real.exe

Find a tool that compiles a .bat batch file into a .exe executable. I haven't tested it but you could try this one at your own risk. Use this to compile your batch file. You may want to play around with the settings to make it not visible and whatever else you want.

Rename the resulting executable to the original name of the game's executable, game.exe in this example. Put this in the same folder as your game's executable.

I hope these steps will helpful for you. I feel very excited to played games at winter's night and watched movies. I also purchase Best Winter Jacket for winters.
Chandra8
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby Chandra8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am

Thx for the whole team!

จีคลับ
alextyler
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby alextyler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:41 am

I'm unable to start a game from a batch script.
happy wheels
pORTOS1
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby pORTOS1 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:00 pm

You can definitely start TecnoParrot directly using PCLauncher, it just needs different CLI arguments for each game. In any case, if you created a special TecnoParrot module, why don't you post it on this site and share it with others? This is the whole point of the community, from which you cannot expect that we ourselves will create each requested module.
KristenRad
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby KristenRad » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Other than a way of testing your batch script abilities, you normally wouldn't bother.

Normal situations dictate that you use the right tool for the job and batch was never the right tool for computer games and probably for most tasks other than automation.

That said, if you can build loops and if conditions and print characters to the screen then you can build almost any text-based game and using some tricks you can get pretty awesome text-based art or maybe even animation.

Going all the way with that to build a simple 2d Sprite based platformer or even flappy bird will be tough without drawing routines, those just won't come by easily and I think it is too complicated to do using the limited functionality batch provides.

I am not saying it isn't possible, but it is just too hard to do it this way, it is probably as hard as doing 3d graphics in assembly language which is just too daunting of a task that you don't believe is possible until you see it with your eyes (check rollercoaster tycoon to see it was possible)

You can learn more here if you are interested in game development.
kevinbear
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby kevinbear » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:24 am

Your blog and work are awesome you have my sub and I have one question...How did you make the Image rotate at the beginning of the game?
Birds Of Prey Costume
jamesevers209
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby jamesevers209 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 pm

You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information.

james bond 25 suit
jenniejensen032
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby jenniejensen032 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:30 pm

I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information
https://celebsclothes.com/product/sex-education-otis-milburn-jacket/

Return to “Public Corner”