[Request] FOV Modification Tool?

Talk about our Rainbow Six Vegas 2 mods.

Moderator: Highflex

edisleado
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

[Request] FOV Modification Tool?

Postby edisleado » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:30 am

It looks like some great work has been put into the various releases of TeknoR6Vegas2 and it's been making me wonder if I might be able to request some specific to improve this game.

Namely, I'd like to see a tool (or hack?) developed for this game that allows us to change the field of view. Right now, it's at a nauseatingly low value, which makes it difficult for myself and many others to play the game for any extended period of time. Through some disappointing research, I've found that there was a console command to change the FOV value via the console in RSV1, but it was disabled in RSV2... As it stands now, the only way to "increase" FOV is by going through a convoluted series of processes featured in a single Steam Community guide, where you must set a custom resolution outside the game each time you play in addition to a bunch of other steps. And even then, the FOV isn't really even fixed.

Would it be possible to get the FOV console command enabled again? Or perhaps an external tool could be developed to fix this FOV issue? Is this something that someone here might be able to look into?

Much thanks!
Last edited by edisleado on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaver
TeknoGod
TeknoGod

Re: [Request] FOV Modification Tool?

Postby Reaver » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 am

edisleado wrote:It looks like some great work has been put into the various releases of TeknoR6Vegas2 and it's been making me wonder if I might be able to request some specific to improve this game.

Namely, I'd like to see a tool (or hack?) developed for this game that allows us to change the field of view. Right now, it's at a nauseatingly low value, which makes it difficult for myself and many others to play the game for any extended period of time. Through some disappointing research, I've found that there was a console command to change the FOV value via the console in RSV1, but it was disabled in RSV2... As it stands now, the only way to "increase" FOV is by going through a convoluted series of processes featured in a single Steam Community guide.

Would it be possible to get the FOV console command enabled again? Or perhaps an external tool could be developed to fix this FOV issue? Is this something that someone here might be able to look into?

Much thanks!

It is possible like so many other things but no one was interested in past year.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ReaverTeknoGods
edisleado
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby edisleado » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 pm

This game comes up for sale every so often on Steam, and I think *everyone* who wants to play it on PC would be interested in finally having a way to change the FOV to their preferred value. In my opinion, it's an absolutely needed modification, as the game can become practically unplayable for some with such a low FOV.

At the very least, my girlfriend and I would be immensely grateful if we could play through RSV2 together without feeling like we're looking through a pair of binoculars at all times.

There are already many threads online with people who are incredibly bothered by a lack of FOV options. What would it take to get an FOV mod tool made?
richardx
TeknoCricket
TeknoCricket

Postby richardx » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 am

since many people informed me and were desperate about the FOV mod not working any longer in 1.7, I've chosen Pay to Do my Assignment UK download the game once more (with 300kb/s :/) and invest some energy to discover an answer for you guys.

Return to “Rainbow Six Vegas 2”