You thought that your precious Microsoft Fingerprint Reader became obsolete when you changed to a 64-bit Windows version? You thought wrong!
Here I present the fully working 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 compatible solution! So it's time to dig your Fingerprint Reader from the bottom of your retired hardware box, blow off dust from it and connect it again to your PC.
What you need to do to enjoy your fingerprint reader device again is to install drivers and software that are fully 64-bit Windows compatible.Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10:
If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you need to get the latest compatible fingerprint reader software. The newest software (6.2.1) and drivers are available here:http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=58889#p58889
See this post for instructions on how to install on 64-bit version of Windows 8, 8.1 and 10:http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=55560#p55560
The troubleshooting utility for the latest DigitalPersona's software (see above) can be found here:http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=58904#p58904
To solve the problem of fingerprint reader initialization after a computer comes back from sleep mode, try this solution:http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=62340#p62340The newest software allows to use the fingerprint reader with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Mozilla Firefox is not and will not be supported!
You can download the fixed Chrome extension from this post (thanks, Darinwil!):http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=80253#p80253
Installation instructions:http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=82387#p82387Windows XP, Vista:Software:
1. Drivers for both 32 and 64-bit Windows versions: download
2. DigitalPersona Personal 4.10 software for 64-bit Windows: download
3. Patched DigitalPersona 4.10 software components: download
4. Installation instructions in DOC format: downloadFor 32-bit solution as well as for updated drivers please see the next posts.Additional software and fixes:
1. The troubleshooter utility for version 4.10 of DigitalPersona software can be downloaded from this post: http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=56630#p56630
2. The fix for fingerprint reader devices with hardware ID PID_00CA
can be downloaded from this post: http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=58801#p58801
3. For those who want to disable the reader after logon (so the light does not disturb them), here's a small utility: http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=59548#p59548Known bugs:
1. The DigitalPersona's Firefox plugin does not work with Firefox v4 and above, you can use FingerFox
plugin as a replacement
2. It seems that the DigitalPersona's software may not always work properly after a computer wakes up from sleep. Try this solution: http://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=62340#p62340Important notes:
1. If you are installing the solution on a computer that has another fingerprint reader, you need to disable that device in the Control Panel in order for Microsoft's device to work properly
2. If the fingerprint reader refuses to work after your computer resumes from sleep mode, you need to unplug and plug back the fingerprint reader device or to use the above mentioned solution
3. If the fingerprint reader used in a corporate environment (please make sure your admin knows about it!), you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL at the domain logon screen to be able to logon using the registered fingerprintPLEASE CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW THE PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS!
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
If you liked the solution, please support us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.