NOTE: If you have any other problems (that are not described here), please create a new topic in the appropriate Multiplayer or Dedicated server section (Problems & issues).
- Problem: I'm still waiting for the next release of TeknoMW3!
- Solution: Sucks for you. You'll be waiting till the end of time.
- Problem: Hans Krebs was a Nazi officer and I find it offensive that one of TeknoMW3 developers uses that nickname.
- Solution: (Our) Hans Krebs isn't a Nazi; the nickname was chosen for completely different reasons. Rest assured it has nothing to do with his political or ideological beliefs.
- Problem: When I start the game, I get an error saying that "MSVCRT.dll" or "MSVCP120.dll" is missing from my computer
- Solution: download Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
- Problem: I can't find the 1.4.382 patch!
- Solution: Follow these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37864.
- Problem: When I start the game, I get an error saying that some DLL file is missing from my computer.
- Problem: "Couldn't load localization.txt"
- Problem: "Couldn't load image xxx"
- Solution: Repair your game files with Steam (see here for a tutorial), then install the TeknoMW3 patch.
- Problem: When I start the game, an error message shows up: "The application was unable to start correctly" and/or the loader is stuck displaying this message "Patching Con_Maxfps".
- Solution: It is likely that you have forgotten to downgrade from 1.9.4xx to 1.4.382 ( viewtopic.php?f=79&p=113221 ). To fix that problem, please follow all steps outlined in this topic exactly. Otherwise, follow the steps described above; repair your game and reinstall the TeknoMW3 patch.
- Problem: When I join a server, I get kicked immediately with this message: Invalid connection. Try removing your hacks. Try using official TeknoMW3 files.
- Solution: Please verify your game files with Steam, then download the 1.4.382 patch (preferably a different archive than the one you used last time); afterwards, reinstall the TeknoMW3 patch. Be sure to use the official files. Finally, before you start your game after fixing all this, remove the teknogods.ini file in your root game directory.
- Problem: The Tekno launcher crashes when I start it.
- Solution: The launcher is horrible in terms of code quality and thus very unstable. The next release will feature a completely new one, rewritten from scratch. For the time being, please use an alternative launcher that appears to work; it can be downloaded with the official TeknoMW3 22.214.171.124 files.
- Problem: I get "Could not write to process memory. Error was: 487" when I run the game from the launcher.
- Solution: We are not certain what causes this problem. As a workaround, you can rename TeknoMW3.dll to steam_api.dll (make a copy of the old one) and start the game with iw5mp.exe.
- Problem: Wrong teknogods.ini file!
- Solution: Open your teknogods.ini file inside your root directory and copy your ID. Delete the file and run the launcher again. It should recreate it. Set everything back up again then go and edit the file and replace your ID with the old one. If that doesn't fix it, you can try again without copying the old ID, but this will reset your stats.
- Problem: The game starts, but I just get a black screen / game doesn't start
- Solution: Make sure your graphics driver is up to date. The best idea is to download it directly from the hardware manufacturer's website. If you don't know what your GPU model is, you can use HWiNFO to find out. If it's not that, it could be that your game files are corrupt; reinstall TeknoMW3 or verify your game files with Steam then reapply the 1.4.382 and TeknoMW3 patches.
- Problem: I can't see the servers button!
- Solution: Go to Options -> Dedicated Server -> Enable Dedicated Server Browser. See here for a step-by-step explanation.
- Problem: I can see the servers button but I don't see any actual servers!
- Solution: First of all make sure you have no server filters. Reset them: Filters(F1)->Reset. Let iw5mp.exe through your firewall/antivirus or disable it while playing. If it still does not work, then it can be possible the Tekno servers are down. Use your favourites/history list to play until they go back up. Also, please ensure you're using the latest version of TeknoMW3, that is, 126.96.36.199. You can download it here.
- Problem: My game crashes!
- Solution: Please ensure your clantag and title contain no spaces. In fact, best don't use them at all; at the moment they're buggy, this will be fixed in a future release.
NOTE: if the problem occurs when you attempt to connect to a server, it is possible that your player data has been corrupted by a malicious server. Rename your players2 folder and try again; if the problem is fixed, this means that your old player data has indeed been damaged and unfortunately you lost all gun unlocks/XP etc.
- Problem: I cannot add servers to my favorites list.
- Solution: This is caused by a bug in the current release. The next update will fix this.
- Problem: When trying to change a custom class, all the guns are black!
- Solution: Use the 1.4.382 version of "zone\<your game language>\localized_ui_mp.ff" and replace the file in your game directory.
- Problem: Matchmaking does not work!
- Solution: Matchmaking is currently not implemented and there are no plans for including it. Use the server browser to play.
- Problem: I get kicked from servers with this message: "Impure client detected. Invalid IWD files referenced! iw_xx.iwd"
- Solution: This is caused by a wrong version of the file mentioned in the error message; it's located in your "main" folder. Repair your game files with Steam and reinstall TeknoMW3. Make sure the 1.4.382 patch you're using doesn't contain that file - it's possible you're overwriting the correct Steam file with an invalid one.
- Problem: How can I play Singleplayer?
- Solution: In this release, you cannot, unfortunately. Singleplayer will be fully supported in the next release.
- Problem: My server is not visible in the browser!
- Solution: Your server is most likely behind a NAT. This means that the packets sent to your IP are delivered to your home router and then discarded because nothing is listening on the port the packet is directed to. To fix this, you will need to forward your router's ports. Another cause could be an improperly configured firewall; you can try disabling Windows Firewall to see if this is the reason. Please remember that permanently disabling it is a bad idea; you should add an appropriate exception for iw5mp_server.exe. Lastly, make sure that you're using the most recent version of TeknoMW3, that is, 188.8.131.52. Please note that if no servers at all can be seen in the browser, it's most likely a problem with the TeknoMW3 master server, not your dedicated server or network configuration.
If you're sure none of the reasons outlined above apply, it's possible that you're behind a carrier-grade NAT. The easiest way to find out is to call your ISP and ask them, or to visit your neighbor and have them browse to http://whatismyipaddress.com and see if it's the same for you. Carrier-grade NATs are more frequently encountered in LEDCs; because those countries gained Internet connectivity later, the IPv4 address pool had already been exhausted by the time local ISPs tried to purchase addresses for use by their customers, so they resort to more NATting to be able to deliver their services using fewer unique public IPs.
What to do in this case: You essentially have three options. You can either ask your ISP to forward those ports specifically to you - which might cost you a bit; you could ask them to allocate you a unique public IPv4 address, which is likely to cost a lot or not be available at all; or, by far the best option - rent a VPS/dedicated server from a provider such as OVH and host your dedicated server(s) there.
- Problem: My server crashes when I ban someone!
- Solution: Due to a bug, a dvar called "sv_clanWebsite" has to be set or this will happen. Please add the following line to your server config file (.cfg):
Code: Select all
seta sv_clanWebsite ""
- Problem: When I start my server, it says "Discovering external IP address..." and then the loopback address is shown (127.0.0.1)
- Solution: You're using the older DLL (the initial release of TeknoMW3 184.108.40.206 had this issue). Download the official server files from this post.
- Problem: When I try to connect to my server, it says "Unable to connect to host"!
- Solution: First make sure your server is visible in the browser (see above for common fixes); solving that issue will also typically fix any "unable to connect to host" errors you're getting when attempting to direct-connect. Otherwise, please make sure you forwarded the net_port (by default, 27015) for the UDP protocol. Check that the port is forwarded to the right IP (i.e., that your host computer's IP is the same one you used for the port forward rule). Also, make sure iw5mp_server.exe is added as an exception to your Windows Firewall configuration. If you're sure the reason lies elsewhere, it could be caused by a buggy InfinityScript plugin; try running your server without any plugins and see if that helps.
- Problem: When someone is killed in my server, it shuts down and players are kicked with this message: "Error getting persistent data. See console."
- Solution: This is caused by a wrong version of the patch_mp.ff file in your zone/<game language> directory. Use the version from the 1.4.382 patch you've downloaded, or try another download.
- Problem: Some players get kicked when someone else joins the game with this message: "Server Disconnected"
- Solution: This happens when multiple players share the same SteamID. One of them will need to change it if they want to play on the same server. To do that, open teknogods.ini in the game directory and edit the "ID" field.
- Problem: I'm unable to load mp_moab (Gulch) or mp_boardwalk (Boardwalk) on my server. I get this error: "animation xx not defined in anim tree yy".
- Solution: These two maps are currently unsupported. This will most likely be fixed in the next release.
- Problem: When I start my server, it complains that it "failed to create ban database 'bans.db'".
- Solution: This is caused by a bug in the current release. To fix this, please create an empty folder named "TeknoBanManager" in your server directory. The issue should be gone.