These instructions are only for the TeknoMW3 client. If you want to host your own dedicated server, read this tutorial
1) You will need an original copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. You can purchase it on Steam. Another option is to download the dedicated server files directly from Steam. Please remember that illegal copies of the game are not supported.
2) TeknoMW3 uses the 1.4.382 version of the game. The version you get when you install from Steam is 1.9, so you will need to downgrade. Unfortunately, we cannot host the patch files here because it would constitute copyright infringement, but you can easily find the patch online.
3) Once you have the patch downloaded, you will need to overwrite your game files with the 1.4 ones. To do that, first find your game directory; this will usually be
Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
4) Paste your downloaded files in that folder, overwriting the old ones when Windows asks you.
5) Because the TeknoMW3 files link dynamically to Microsoft's C++ runtime, you will need to download (and install) Visual C++ Redistributable packages.
6) The latest TeknoMW3 files are always available in this topic. Download the files and paste them in your MW3 directory (same as above).
NOTE: Currently, there are separate downloads for the client and the server version of the mod. In the future, they will be merged into one download. For the time being, use the "Client" link.
7) In your game directory, double-click TeknoMW3.exe, set your initial settings, then click "Start Game":
8) If you're encountering any issues, first check the common issues topic and search for posts concerning the problem. If you don't find a solution, feel free to open a new topic.