[Release]Thrusters(BOIII Style)

InfinityScript plugins for dedicated servers.
Slvr99
TeknoPrincess
TeknoPrincess

[Release]Thrusters(BOIII Style)

Postby Slvr99 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:42 am

This is just a simple little script that enables thrusters in the style of Black Ops 3's. You jump and then press the jump key again and you will fly while holding the jump key down. Eventually may update this to work with some perks(Sleight Of Hand could act as Afterburner, Dead Silence could be Blast Suppressor, etc.). I realize this breaks a lot of MW3 maps and allows you to get out of just about any map, so use this at your own risk in your servers!
P.S. - I know the movement is slightly jerky, but this is the best I can do with smoothed movement in the current IS since IS is very limited in script execution.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?aypwup0kepbz34v
VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/42ab ... 466411949/
A2ON
TeknoDog
TeknoDog

Re: [Release]Thrusters(BOIII Style)

Postby A2ON » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:29 am

looks like good :bravo:

i will test and give some recommend
~Lambder
TeknoSheep

Postby ~Lambder » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:06 am

The "bugginess" is due to client/server synchronization. The game was not made with "thrust jumping" in mind so no wonder it acts weird. Now, for the client to know that it must still be in midair, its command must first go to the server and back, where in bo3 (for example) it is smooth because the client knows it should be thrustjumping as soon as the key is pressed.

We are talking about 40ms delay, or even more for that matter.
Now imagine someone playing this with 200ms ping, oh boy.
Slvr99
TeknoPrincess
TeknoPrincess

Postby Slvr99 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Lambder wrote:The "bugginess" is due to client/server synchronization. The game was not made with "thrust jumping" in mind so no wonder it acts weird. Now, for the client to know that it must still be in midair, its command must first go to the server and back, where in bo3 (for example) it is smooth because the client knows it should be thrustjumping as soon as the key is pressed.

That's partially true. If this was hardcoded with GSC, it'd be smooth, but IS can't be run every frame like GSC can. I'm no expert on the CoD engine, but I think it's due to GSC being run client-side and IS runs server-side?
~Lambder
TeknoSheep

Postby ~Lambder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Slvr99 wrote:
Lambder wrote:The "bugginess" is due to client/server synchronization. The game was not made with "thrust jumping" in mind so no wonder it acts weird. Now, for the client to know that it must still be in midair, its command must first go to the server and back, where in bo3 (for example) it is smooth because the client knows it should be thrustjumping as soon as the key is pressed.

That's partially true. If this was hardcoded with GSC, it'd be smooth, but IS can't be run every frame like GSC can. I'm no expert on the CoD engine, but I think it's due to GSC being run client-side and IS runs server-side?

Yep, indeed.
Also, IS does actually run every frame.

Return to “InfinityScript”