Texture Resolution in Extra

Problems and issues with the multiplayer client.
.Unnamed
TeknoDog
TeknoDog

Texture Resolution in Extra

Postby .Unnamed » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi! Need a tip here

I select texture quality to native (avoid blurry textures) but... I select texture resolution in extra, then apply the changes. But back to advanced options in video and the texture resolution is "high" again. The same problem with "normal map" and "specular map". How to force extra mode? the texture looks blurry, i dont like that

Thanks!

Note: If this not the right place to post it, please let me know
-=TMK=-MRebman
TeknoHorse
TeknoHorse

Re: Texture Resolution in Extra

Postby -=TMK=-MRebman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:04 pm

You have had nothing but problems with this game, I would recommend that you verify game files with steam, then reapply the TG patch. My guess is that your game download is corrupt and needs fixed before you can continue.
Image Image Image
I know I am a smarta$$, but you people made me this way!
TechnoManiac
TeknoRat
TeknoRat

Postby TechnoManiac » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:25 pm

.Unnamed wrote:Hi! Need a tip here

I select texture quality to native (avoid blurry textures) but... I select texture resolution in extra, then apply the changes. But back to advanced options in video and the texture resolution is "high" again. The same problem with "normal map" and "specular map". How to force extra mode? the texture looks blurry, i dont like that

Thanks!

well, its because your config files in players2 folder. check if they're set to read only, try making it writable then edit the settings after that make it read only again. this should prevent the game from changing the settings again by itself.
.Unnamed
TeknoDog
TeknoDog

Postby .Unnamed » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:05 pm

-=TMK=-MRebman wrote:You have had nothing but problems with this game, I would recommend that you verify game files with steam, then reapply the TG patch. My guess is that your game download is corrupt and needs fixed before you can continue.

Is not just me, read this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394385

Seems is something with the update, dunno

Can you check if your texture resolution is "extra"?
.Unnamed
TeknoDog
TeknoDog

Postby .Unnamed » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:07 pm

TechnoManiac wrote:
.Unnamed wrote:Hi! Need a tip here

Thanks!

well, its because your config files in players2 folder. check if they're set to read only, try making it writable then edit the settings after that make it read only again. this should prevent the game from changing the settings again by itself.

Yes i have set it to "read only", i dont have this kind of problems with mw2. Neveraless, you mean i most create a folder call "players" and paste my config_mp there?

I found this info: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394385
.Unnamed
TeknoDog
TeknoDog

Postby .Unnamed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Any ideas?
cubrr
TeknoMan
TeknoMan

Postby cubrr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 am

.Unnamed wrote:Any ideas?

If you want the in-game settings to be able to save the settings, you'll need to unset the read-only mode
TechnoManiac
TeknoRat
TeknoRat

Postby TechnoManiac » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:13 am

jCuber wrote:unset

sorry, is that a new word?
neha01
TeknoRat
TeknoRat

Postby neha01 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:22 pm

These manual activities, just as introducing great avg retail antivirus programming on utilizing Windows Defender, will guarantee that your Windows 10 framework is as secure as conceivable against all dangers.
neha01
TeknoRat
TeknoRat

Postby neha01 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm

If your system isn't booting or loading applications at the same time and it takes a lot of time then in that case you first unboxed it, iolo download System Mechanic.

Return to “Problems & issues”